Welcome!

Hello - I am Francine, I love jewelry!

I try to make this fun and informative. So if you are interested in learning more about jewelry and want to know more about a jewelry related topic, let me know and we can blog about it!

Have fun!!







Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Bead and Button is Over


Hello -

What a nice weekend and get away I had in Milwaukee!  While it was a quick trip, about 30 hours, it was very relaxing and I learned a lot!  It is not often that I get away completely alone - no dogs, kids or husband.  It was nice to do what I wanted to do, when I wanted to do it:)

My instructor, Gwen Bernacker did a nice job teaching myself and about 8 other students the technique of Keum boo.  I have posted a picture of the earrings I created.  I must say, I am happy with them.  It is not all of the time that I am excited about the very first piece of make of a new technique.

I have a very small, simple kiln being shipped to me so that I will be able to put old on EVERYTHING:)  Well I would not go that far with the gold prices the way they are, but at least on stuff until my gold foil runs out. Talk about recycling??? 

Having a kiln also means that I will be able to do PMC which is exciting.  I also purchased a book from an artist I met at the show, Katie McKinnon.  What a nice lady and her book is just great.  Just started reading it today.  What a great resource for metal clay.  There is really no limit to what you can make out of PMC, that is why it is so exciting!

Getting ready for my 1st outdoor summer show, let's hope that the weather cooperates as I have never done a show in the rain.  Good thing that silver does not melt:)

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment